With Halloween creeping around the corner, we thought it would be a great idea to post some fun and interesting activities to do with your host kids!
- Trick or treat, smell my feet. What can au pairs do this week? If you’re looking after young children, get them to make footprints or hand prints in colored paint. Don’t forget to show off the famous Halloween themed colors – black and orange!
- Why not bring trick or treat indoors? If you’re home during the day with your host kids, organize an egg hunt filled with candy to treat your little munchkins.
- Get creative with pumpkin carving! Pumpkins don’t have to be scary. Inspire your host kids to carve pumpkins in the shape of their favorite TV character or superhero.
- Kids love Halloween for a variety of reasons. One of them being Halloween candy! Indulge in some candy before it’s all gone! Don’t forget to brush your host kids teeth twice a day.
- What’s the best part for kids to attend school on Halloween? They get to dress up! Your older host kids may wish to dress up as something scary which is completely acceptable but for the younger kids, not so much. Inspire them to dress up as people they want to be when they’re older.
Whatever you do this Halloween, we hope you have a fantastic time with your host family and brings you all closer together!
Stay cheery this season 🙂