If you visit the blog for the first time you might want to receive my welcome article
Click here if you are interested.
This question is from an Au Pair. Generally, we earn $195,75 per week. It may not sound a lot, but, actually, it depends how you spend your money. In fact, if you spend your money on clothes, restaurants and travel it’s hard to save money, because you spend a lot and you want a lot of things at the same time.
I’ll give you some advice to try to combine all these desires.
- List what you want to do with your money (if it’s clothes, travel, restaurants or all of them) and prioritize what you want the most.
- · Then write how much you’re gonna have per month (usually $195,75)
- Then divide (fairly or not) your salary according to what you want to do every month travel, restaurant…
- For example, you can have this type of budget if you’re a big spender: Free time, (= restaurant, Uber, activities…) shopping and travel: $65.25 for each of them per week. I advise you to keep money in case you need it for emergencies or when you will go back to your country.
- Another example:I want to travel more than buy clothes or go to a restaurant:$100 for travel and $35 for clothes and $25/30 for free time. After all these steps, you can sleep well!
Aft er all these steps, you can sleep well!
- You just need to have goals, I mean, what you really want to do with your money. I’s totally possible to save money and have fun, you just need to be organized. Be motivated and have fun!
I’m Marie. I’m 19. Currently I live in Washington DC where I’m taking care of 2 kids since February.
If I have to describe myself, I’d say, I’m a smiling, dynamic, motivated person who loves art, travelling around the world, meeting new people, and adventure.
I’m a writter for Au pair Chronicles cause I want to share some good advice ( au pair, travel…) to you and help you in your Au pair life.
I also have a Faebook page where I share pictures from my trips.