“Queen B” of the upper east side in New York is ambitious yet snobbish. Also a major drama queen, Blair Waldorf always had the last word with her inspirational quotes in Gossip Girl. Some quotes that could totally apply to an au pair’s life. I remember quoting some of them.
1) When you’re not sure about being an au pairIt’s hard to leave your comfort zone, your friends, your family and for some, your boyfriend. But if you don’t do it, you’ll regret it.
2) When a host family that you like hesitates to match with you
3) When you’re homesick
Even if sometimes you feel so low that you just want to leave your host family, remember that feeling won’t last forever. Your emotions increase because you’re far away from your loved ones. Trust me with time you’ll learn how to deal with your emotional instability.
4) When the former au pair comes for a visit
This one is just for fun… Or not.
5) When you’re working during the weekend, but your au pair friends are off
A fun way to express your desperation.
6) When your friend is complaining about her host family
7) When you’re in rematch
Since you only have two weeks to find a new host family, you start to become insecure and anxious, but don’t be and let the Queen B inside you take control.
8) To the replacement au pair
9) When your host kids draw something
for you or give you hugs
Au pairs need love!!! #truefacts We miss our family and friends so much that even a little hug can bring tears to our eyes.
10) When you fall in love
There is a huge difference between falling in love in your country and falling in love in USA, UK, Australia, Italy or wherever you’re au pairing. All your feelings are compounded so when you fall, you fall hard.