1) You know what “Goldfish” is and I’m not talking about the aquatic animal.
2) You hate when people refer to you as “THE NANNY” because it makes you look desperate. At least if they call you “THE AU PAIR” you can explain that you are participating in an exchange program.
3) You know all of the lyrics of Taylor Swift and One Direction’s songs by heart.
4) Friday means payday! $195.75 is a number you know by heart too.
5) You have seen all of Dora The Explorer‘s episodes….Thanks to who? Your host kid.
6) You have watched “The Nanny Diaries” at least three times and like to say “THIS IS THE STORY OF MY LIFE! Well…without the hottie boyfriend from Harvard”.
7) Your mood is changing like the colors of the rainbow. Monday you’re homesick, Tuesday in love, Wednesday you want to kill your host kid, Thursday you want to stay in USA forever and Bla Bla Bla….
8) When you arrive in the USA, your only wish is to make American friends, but you are quickly surrounded by….. AU PAIRS.
9) During the weekend you are the Beauty (nicely dressed with perfect makeup on and high heels… bought from Payless, of course) but during the week you become the Beast (no make–up on and messy hair to complete the homeless look). How cool is that? Two characters for one person!
10) WORSE! Some of you have a curfew and feel like a teenager all over again…..